The Phillips DNA Project News
What will a Y-DNA test tell me?
Written by Nancy Kiser
- Identify your family’s detailed placement on the Great Family Tree of Mankind
- Discover your surname history and how it relates to other families
- Validate your known paternal line genealogy and get additional clues for research beyond the historical records
- Your results may enable the creation of a new branch representing a patrilineal ancestor’s genetic signature that you might be able to identify
- You might be able to see if your paternal line is related to ancient DNA from archaeological remains, and when your common ancestor lived.