× Need help finding a living Phillips for DNA testing. Post some information on the family you are looking for.

James Phillips 1898

• TessaPhillips
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jun 2010 22:56 #56 by TessaPhillips
James Phillips 1898 was created by TessaPhillips
Hi, i am wondering if anyone had any more information on what i know about my family history. I am Tessa Aliece Phillips daughter of William Louis Phillips. My dad had two brothers, Melvin James Phillips, Donald Phillips and a sister, Jaquline Phillips. Their parents were Ruby Opal Phylis Bisset and Archibald Dildine Phillips. My grandfather, Archibald Dildine Phillips' parents were James Phillips born Jan 31st 1898-1961 and Jenny Lowes born June 24th 1903-1977. James' parents were Abraham Dildine Phillips born 1859-1945 and Clarica "Clara" Johnstone born 1863-1941. Abraham's parents were Mathew Crooks Phillips born May 10th 1819/20? -1903/4? and Marie Hopkins. Mathew's father was Nicholas Phillips born 1756, he married Hannah Mckay, and later, after Hannah's death, Eve Alward

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2010 11:35 #57 by NancyKiser
Replied by NancyKiser on topic James Phillips 1898
Hi, Tessa,

Your Phillips family is unfamiliar to me but I looked on rootsweb and found several family files posted for Nicholas Phillips and Hannah McKay. The best one is posted at this link: wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/...k&id=I2668

It looks like your Phillips family was a New York family who sided with the British and fled to Ontario as a result of the Revolution. We have several Canadian Phillips families in the DNA project and it would be interesting to see if the yDNA of your Phillips family matches any of them

Family Tree DNA is holding a sale right now on some of its DNA tests, so this would be an excellent time to recruit a male Phillips relative for DNA testing. Here is a link to the page where you can order a test: www.familytreedna.com/gro...p=Phillips. Let us know if you need any help ordering the kit. Hope you can find someone to test!

Sincerely,
Nancy Kiser
Volunteer administrator
Phillips DNA Project

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds