× Do you have an obituary for a Phillips or one where a Phillips is mentioned and want to share it? Perhaps you discovered an old obituary that mentioned your Phillips ancestor. If you are a registered user of this website and forum, please feel free to share them here! If you have another type of record, such as a Bible record or a deed? Just let the administrator know and we will create a category for it.

Descendants of PHILLIPS, Henry Co., TN

• SuCox
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Mar 2015 15:12 #1635 by SuCox
I live in California but am planning a trip to Henry Co., TN at the end of May 2015 to research Phillips family connections. My line (not yet proven) I believe starts with William Phillips (1776-1854) in NC. Place unknown. William's son (supposedly) was Henry Phillips, b. 1807 NC. Other siblings included Alpha, Finetta, and Baily. We do not know for sure who their mother was. William Phillips and family moved to Wilson County, TN by 1815 where the rest of the family was born, starting with:Seth, Thursa, William Jr, and lastly, James Riley. My Henry married Sarah "Sallie" Sweatt in 1829 in Wilson, TN. He had my 2x great grandfather George W (Washington?) Phillips in 1836. GW Phillips married William Ann Mitchusson (b. Trigg Co.,, KY), and they had my great grandfather, William Andrew Philips, b. 1866 in Henry Co., TN. "Andrew" married Elmina Moody and had my grandfather Verner Viven Phillips in 1894 in Henry Co. Elmina died when V.V. was four years old. Andrew then married her cousin, Ollie Tennessee Moody. My question is, are any of you readers in the Paris, TN area and willing to meet and share information on this Phillips family at the very end of May? Other family connections are Wood, Moody, Mitchusson, McCuiston and Gould. My brother is currently being tested and we will know soon into which group our Phillips family resides.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2015 11:25 #1636 by NancyKiser
Replied by NancyKiser on topic Descendants of PHILLIPS, Henry Co., TN
Hi, Susan,

Thank you for this information. Your brother's Y-DNA should match that of our Phillips Family DNA Group 3. We have a descendant of James Riley Phillips in Group 3. Here is his pedigree:

Kit number 267120

1. William Phillips bc 1776 NC, m Sallie Herrold
2. James Riley Phillips bc 1822-1825 Wilson Co TN, m Rebecca J. Mackey
3. William Marshall Phillips b 1859 Gregg Co TX, m 1) Georgia Bell Little
4. William Riley Phillips b 1889 Upshur Co TX, m Minnie Mae Clements

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds