× Do you have an obituary for a Phillips or one where a Phillips is mentioned and want to share it? Perhaps you discovered an old obituary that mentioned your Phillips ancestor. If you are a registered user of this website and forum, please feel free to share them here! If you have another type of record, such as a Bible record or a deed? Just let the administrator know and we will create a category for it.

ca 1861: Alexander Phillips, in Louisiana

• Mamie
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Super Star
  • Forum Super Star
More
18 Jan 2011 18:08 #218 by Mamie
LOUISIANA.

The forty-ninth Annual Communication of the Grand Lodge of the State of Louisiana commenced in the City of New Orleans on the eleventh day of February, 1861, the M.-. W.: John Q. A. Fellows presiding, and the W.-. Samuel G. Risr being Grand Secretary.

Whoever reads the Address of the Grand Master will feel satisfied that the interests of our beloved Order in his jurisdiction are confided to a devoted and watchful protector. We are assured that they are in the enjoyment of those great blessings which a knowledge of our institutions, the practice of charity and brotherly love, and cultivation of the moral and social virtues always bestows. He gives credit to his predecessor for having made his paths straight, leaving him a pleasant road to travel. He announces the death of Past Deputy Grand Master Alexander Phillips, " well stricken in years * * * and as well esteemed as known." ............

Source: Proceedings of the M [three dots in triangular formation Ẅ [three dots in triangular formation G̈rand lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of the State of California at its annual communication, Volumes 13-14, 1862, by Freemasons. Grand Lodge of California; Pg. 43

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2011 15:09 #270 by hpcooperjon
Replied by hpcooperjon on topic ca 1861: Alexander Phillips, in Louisiana
I believe this Alexander Phillips in on N.O. census in 1830 and 1840. I believe he owned land in Mississippi in 1840 era. On tax list of 1843, I think, Hancock County? I doubt he was related to my Alexander Phillips b. 1801 GA but if anyone knows more of the New Orleans Alexander's ancestry, I would like to hear it. Thanks, Hugh L. Phillips

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds