Do you have an Bible record for a Phillips family or one where a Phillips is mentioned and want to share it? If you are a registered user of this website and forum, please feel free to share them here! If you have another type of record, such as a Will or a deed? Just let the administrator know and we will create a category for it.
William D. Phillips, born Janury 20, 1768, married August 26, 1796, Mary Spratlin, born April 28, 1807.
(a) James S. Phillips, born November 17, 1799, married Elcy Phillips May 26, 1824; children:
1. Amelia Ann Phillips, born April 24, 1825.
2. Tillitha Jane Phillips, born November 28, 1826.
3. Mary H. Phillips, born March 22, 1829.
4. Caroline Elizabeth Phillips, born January 21, 1831.
5. James Henry Phillips, born February 5, 1832.
6. Elijah William Phillips, born February 24, 1833.
7. Elcy Phillips, born Janury 17, 1837.
8. Tillitha W. Phillips, born November 15, 1838.
9. John Darwin Phillips, born March, 1841.
10. Frances Amanda Phillips, June 22, 1843.
11. Louisa Phillips, born August 13, 1845.
12. Arabella Phillips, born November 2, 1847.
13. Joel Haden Phillips, born November 2, 1848.
(b) Elizabeth Phillips, born February 13, 1798.
(c) Henry R. and Ambrose A. Phillips, born March 11, 1802.
(d) Warren J. Phillips, born August 27, 1804.
(e) William J.A. Phillips, born July 5, 1808.
(f) John H. Phillips, born February 28, 1810.
(g) Permeliam R. Phillips, born October 2, 1811.
(h) Davis M. Phillips, born June 4, 1813.
Source: Coweta County Chronicles, by Mary G. Jones and Lily Reynolds, printed by The Stein Printing Company, Atlanta, GA., 1928; Pgs. 797-798
As far as I know, we do not have a descendant of William D. Phillips in the project, but I suspect he belongs to my Phillips Family DNA Group 8. I do know that Elcy, the wife of his son James S Phillips, was the granddaughter of Joel Phillips who died in Wilkes Co GA around 1812. Several descendants of Joel have been DNA tested and their Y-DNA matches that of Group 8.
I just noticed a mistake in the William D. Phillips Family Record. His wife, Mary Spratlin(g), was born April 28, 1776. This is from the bible of their son, James S. Phillips, who was born in 1799. Obviously, his mother could not have been born after he was born.