× Do you have a Will or Probate record for a Phillips family or one where a Phillips is mentioned and want to share it? If you are a registered user of this website and forum, please feel free to share them here! Do you have another type of record and feel we need a new category? Just let the administrator know and we will create one.

GA: Tilitha (Walker) Phillips, dec'd; J.H. Phillips, Ex'r.

• Mamie
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Super Star
  • Forum Super Star
More
24 Jun 2012 21:27 - 24 Jun 2012 21:29 #1017 by Mamie
EXECUTOR’S SALE.
BY virtue of an order from the Court of Ordinary and last will and testament of Tilitha Phillips, deceased, will be sold on the first Tuesday in October next within the legal hours of sale, before the court house door in the town of Greenville, the following lots and parcels of land belonging to the estate of said deceased: Part of Lot No. 48, and part of lot No. 17, both making 850 acres. Also Lots No. 49, 80 and 88, all lying in the 11th district of Meriwether County, Ga. Sold for the benefit of the heirs. Terms made known on day of sale.
J. H. PHILLIPS, Ex’r.
Luthersville, Ga.
Aug. 18.

Source: The Daily Intelligencer, Atlanta, Georgia, Tuesday Morning, September 15, 1863; Pg. 3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2012 11:02 #1018 by NancyKiser
This probably relates to Tilitha Walker who married Elijah Phillips, the son of Joel and Elizabeth Phillips of Wilkes County GA. Elijah died in Meriwether County GA in 1861. Elijah's father Joel did not leave a will, but his mother Elizabeth did. Here is a transcript of it:

In the name of God, Amen. I Elizabeth Phillips of the County of Wilkes and State of Georgia being in good health and sound mind and memory and calling to mind the mortality of our nature and that it is appointed for all to die do make constitute and ordain this my Last Will and Testament in the manner and form following and first my soul to God I give who gave it me my body I commit to the earth from which it was taken to be buried in a Christian like manner without pomp at the discretion of my Executors and for such worldly goods as God has given me I give and bequeath in manner and form following after all my just debts are paid.
Item. I give all my estate real and personal to be equally divided between my three sons Whitmell, Zachariah and Elijah and my two daughters Mary Allen and Sarah Powell and to my granddaughter Polly Hackney, daughter of William Phillips deceased the sum of four dollars and to the heirs of Joel Phillips deceased the sum of one dollar each. I give and bequeath one dollar to each of the children of Joel Phillips deceased. This I constitute and appoint to be my last will and testament and only will. In witness hereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 13th day of August 1812. Signed sealed and acknowledged in the presence of us who saw her acknowledge as her last will and testament.
Signed Elizabeth (X, her mark) Phillips
Test: James Lee, John Lee Jr, John Lee Sr.
Proved in open court March 11, 1816.
Recorded in Wilkes County GA Will Book 1810-1816 at pages 138 and 139.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds