× Do you have a Will or Probate record for a Phillips family or one where a Phillips is mentioned and want to share it? If you are a registered user of this website and forum, please feel free to share them here! Do you have another type of record and feel we need a new category? Just let the administrator know and we will create one.

1781: NC - Will of Thomas Thompson; David Phillips mentioned

• Mamie
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Super Star
  • Forum Super Star
More
24 Nov 2012 19:12 #1144 by Mamie
Will of Thomas Thompson being very sick & weak in body; to wife Mary her full third of my personal estate with her bed & bed clothes & body clothes, and all my children to have as equal share of my personal estate, and when my son John does marry he shall have 60 acres of land next to Edward Shipleys, & my daughter Jennet one cow above any of the rest, and I give to David Phillips one cow to give to his son, the other hundred acres that I now live on which my wife is to have her living on whilest she remains a widow or after that she marries or after her death, to be equally divided amongst my sons except John….
Thomas Thompson (0) (Seal)
28 Feb. 1781.
Wit: John Dickson
Daniel McCord, Jurat
Will Book D, p. 120 C. R. 065.801.27

Source: Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, Abstracts of Early Wills, 1763-1790 (1749-1790), by Brent H. Holcomb, C.A.L.S., 1980; Pg. 68

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds