× Do you have a Will or Probate record for a Phillips family or one where a Phillips is mentioned and want to share it? If you are a registered user of this website and forum, please feel free to share them here! Do you have another type of record and feel we need a new category? Just let the administrator know and we will create one.

Will of Ezekiel Phillips, Amwell, Hunterdon Co. NJ

• Mamie
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Super Star
  • Forum Super Star
More
30 Nov 2012 20:49 #1151 by Mamie
Will of Ezekiel Phillips
Flemington, N. J., Surrogate's Office, Wills, Vol. 8, Folio 15, dated January 11, 1837.

"In the name of God, Amen: I, Ezekiel Phillips, of the Township of Amwell, County of Hunterdon, State of New Jersey.
First: "I give to my wife, Deborah Phillips, the use of all my lands, tenements and real estate, adjoining lands of Samuel Phillips and others and personal estate as long as she lives."
Second: At the death of his wife an amount of money was to go to his daughter, Susan Ege.
Third: At the death of his wife, an amount of money to Absolom Phillips.
Fourth: At the death of his wife, an amount of money to the children of Absolom Phillips.
Fifth: "At the death of my wife, I give and bequeath unto my son, Asher Phillips, all my personal property and real estate not herein otherwise disposed of (after payments of my just debts and funeral expenses)."
Sixth: "I demise to my son, Asher Phillips, all my lands, tenements and real estate wherever situated."

Source: The Transactions of the Rockefeller Family Association, For the eleven years, 1915-1925 With Genealogy, by Henry Oscar Rockefeller, M.D., Brooklyn, N.Y., 1926; Pgs. 42-43

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds