× Do you have a Will or Probate record for a Phillips family or one where a Phillips is mentioned and want to share it? If you are a registered user of this website and forum, please feel free to share them here! Do you have another type of record and feel we need a new category? Just let the administrator know and we will create one.

1785 Lunenburg Co. VA - George Phillips

• velamwhite
  • velamwhite's Avatar Topic Author
  • Phillips Family Group 32; 40+ yrs. researching
More
06 Jul 2013 13:24 #1259 by velamwhite
1785 Lunenburg Co. VA - George Phillips was created by velamwhite
I George Philips being sick but in perfect mind and memory do constitute and make this my last Will and Testament In form and manner following

Item I give and bequeath all the Land that I now Possess to my son Dyer Phillips and the following Negroes to wit Joe, Dick, Daniel, Hannah, Little (?), Jack, Jenny, also Two choice feather Beds with furniture, also one Sorrel horse by the name of Pedlar also one bay mare that I had of Robert Moore also eight head of Cattle Including two work horses also half a Dozen of Walnut chears with leather bottoms also one of my best Tables, also my best Desk also one still to him and his heirs forever,

Item I lend to my beloved wife Ann Phillips my Plantation whereon I now live all this part that lies on the north side of the road down to my spring branch to her during her natural life also I give to my wife a Negro man Charles and Shadrack to her and her heirs forever also a Negro woman name Rayner to my beloved wife to her and her heirs forever

Item I give and bequeath to my daughter Betsy Phillips four Negroes to wit, Sam, Jude, Grace, Delsey and Two feather Beds and furniture to her and her heirs forever.

Item I lend to my Daughter Mary Elam during life a Negro woman named Sarah also a boy by the name of Simon and a girl by the name of Grace also one by the name of Jenny during life and at her deceased to be equally divided between her children the said Negroes lent to my Daughter Mary Elam are now in possession of Martin Elam her husband,

Item I lend to my Daughter Martha White a Negro man named Cirus also a Negro woman named Jude also another woman named Juner, during her life and at her deceased to be equally divided between her children,

Itm I give unto my Daughter Betsey Phillips one Sorrel horse with a blaze face to her and her heirs forever.

I desire that my Stud horse shall be sold by my executor either for ready money or credit as he shall think proper and the money arising from the sale shall be an asset in his hands. I constitute and appoint my son Dyer Phillips my sole executor.

In Witness where of I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 14th day of December 1785.
Proved in Lunenburg Co. VA 8 June 1786.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds