× Do you have a Will or Probate record for a Phillips family or one where a Phillips is mentioned and want to share it? If you are a registered user of this website and forum, please feel free to share them here! Do you have another type of record and feel we need a new category? Just let the administrator know and we will create one.

1794-SC: Will of Jeremiah Cooper, kin to PHILLIPS: Jeremiah, Gabriel, Hannah

• Mamie
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Super Star
  • Forum Super Star
More
25 Jun 2014 18:54 #1459 by Mamie
Will Book A, p. 32
Probate Judge, Union Co., S.C.
I Jeremiah Cooper of Orangeburgh Dist., being in good health and sound body, perfect mind and memory. First I desire that all my debts and funeral expenses be paid. I give to Mary Runnels 150 acres of land lying in Laurence (Laurens) Co. adj. land of Robert Tweedy and all of Wilsons land with ten pounds sterling. I give to my mother all the remainder of my money and bonds. I give to my sister Hannah Cooper my (horse) bridle, three cows and calves, 15 head of sheep, 150 acres of land adj. David Smith, the land I bought from Thomas Holden. I give to my brother Joseph Cooper 159 acres where Henry Hill lives and two silver watches, all my clothing, my surveying instruments, with 140 acres lying on Hoddle Creek. I give to my brother David Cooper 500 acres lying on North Tuger River adj. land of John Cook, and 594 acres lying on Beaver Creek. I give to my cousin Jeremiah Phillips 1000 acres of land lying in Orangebrugh Dist. Dated this 11th of June 1794. Wit: Gabriel Phillips Junr., Gabriel Phillips, Senr., Hannah X Phillips. Signed Jeremiah Cooper. Seal. Jacob & David Cooper executors.

Source: A Collection of Upper South Carolina Genealogical and Family Records, Volume III, by Willie Pauline Young, published by The Southern Historical Press, 1982; Pg. 66

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds