× Do you have a Will or Probate record for a Phillips family or one where a Phillips is mentioned and want to share it? If you are a registered user of this website and forum, please feel free to share them here! Do you have another type of record and feel we need a new category? Just let the administrator know and we will create one.

Will of James Ichabod Phillips, son of Ellis Phillips & Eliza Lansdell

• JaniceNewtonThurmond
  • Topic Author
More
27 Oct 2016 13:17 #1758 by JaniceNewtonThurmond
Columbia County, Georgia, Court of Ordinary Will Book "J" 1852 - 1930 page 440:
Filed in Court Feb. 7th 1921. L. F. Kendricks, Ord Recorded April 4th 1922. G. B. Pollard, Clerk
State of Georgia }
County of Columbia}
I, James I. Phillips of Columbia County, Georgia, being of sound and disposing mind do make this my last will and testament as follows:
First: I will and bequeath to my daughter Lula Belle Mullis two acres of land on the North side of my home place with good frontage on Louisville Road. To my daughter Bertha Lazenby I will and bequeath two acres of land adjoining lot named above of Mrs. Lula B. Mullis with good frontage on Louisville road. To my daughter Mrs. Eva Harvester I will and bequeath two acres of land with good frontage on Louisville road adjoining lot above mentioned of Mrs. Bertha Lazenby.
Second: I will and bequeath to my wife, Julia Phillips, the home place on which I now reside containing one hundred and thirty-four acres during her life, and after her death to my son Thomas Elwood Phillips. To my wife Julia Phillips I will and bequeath my twelve shares of Bank of Columbia County stock, cash in banks, Notes, and all my personal property to use and dispose of as she deems best.
Third: To my children William L. Phillips, Lula Belle Mullis, Bertha Lazenby, Eva Harvester and Grover C. Phillips, I will and bequeath the farm known as the lower or old home place, containing three hundred and fifty acres to be equally divided between them share and share alike.
James I. Phillips
Signed in the presence of and of each other this the 26 day of October, 1920
E. D. Clary S. R. - - - light - (partially legible name) W. E. Attinson
W. S. Lazenby, Notary Public Columbia County, Ga.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Obtained from microfilmed records at the Georgia State Archives, Morrow, Georgia, and carefully transcribed by Janice Newton Thurmond.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds