× Do you have a Will or Probate record for a Phillips family or one where a Phillips is mentioned and want to share it? If you are a registered user of this website and forum, please feel free to share them here! Do you have another type of record and feel we need a new category? Just let the administrator know and we will create one.

1809 Gabriel Phillips (m Hannah Brower) Newberry SC Group 9

• prairiedog
  • prairiedog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Descendant of John Phillips d 1809 NC
More
05 Oct 2011 10:13 #766 by prairiedog
This Gabriel is documented at marriage in 1758, Bucks County, PA. He is a DNA match to John Phillips (d 1801 NC) and they were probably brothers.

WILL OF GABRIEL PHILLIPS OF NEWBERRY DISTRICT SC
Filed Feb’y 6 1809
Recorded Book A page 14

State of South Carolina
Newberry District

In the name of god I Gabriel Phillips of the State & district aforesaid being weak in Body but of perfect mind & memory thanks be to god and calling to mind the mortality of all flesh & knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die do make this my last will and testament Viz first & principally I recommend my soul to god who gave it & my body to the Earth to be Buried in a decent & Christian like manner at the discretion of my Executor hereafter named not doubting But I shall Receive it again at the general Resurrection and as touching such worldy Estate as it hath pleased god to bless me with I give devise and dispose of in the following manner first I give and bequeath to my Beloved son Edward Phillips all my personal property with all the debts that may be due me by bonds, notes and acoumpts Excepting one doller to my Beloved daughter Susannah Starky and her husband jointly 2nd to my Beloved son Peter Phillips one doller 3rdly to my Beloved son Gabriel Phillips one doller 4thly to my Beloved daughter Hanah Cuper one doller and her husband jointly 5thly to my Beloved son John Phillips one doller and I constitute and appoint my son Edward Phillips my lawful Executor of this my last will and testament setting other wills aside confirming this & no other to Be my last will & testament. Witness my hand & seal this ___ day of November 28th Anno domini 1808 signed & sealed acknowledged & delivered in presence of Joseph Scott, James Batty, Charles Russell
Gabriel Phillips

Feb’y 6th 1809 The within Will was duly proven by the oath of Charles Russel one of the subscribers & witnesses to the _______ & ordered to be recorded.
L. Lindsay Oneil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds