× Do you have a Will or Probate record for a Phillips family or one where a Phillips is mentioned and want to share it? If you are a registered user of this website and forum, please feel free to share them here! Do you have another type of record and feel we need a new category? Just let the administrator know and we will create one.

1842 John Philips estate

• NancyKiser
  • NancyKiser's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Oct 2011 20:13 - 06 Oct 2011 20:16 #771 by NancyKiser
1842 John Philips estate was created by NancyKiser
Transcribed by: Rod Phillips
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

South Carolina
Union District

Know all men by these presents that we Thos. D. Philips, Samuel Patrick, and James Lochart are holden and firmly bound unto I. I. Pratts, Esq. Ordinary of the District of Union in the full and just sum of two thousand dollars to be paid to the said I. I. Pratts or his successors, Ordinaries of this District or their certain attorney or assigns. To which payment will and truly to be made we bind ourselves and every of us our and every of our heirs, executors and administrators for the whole and in the whole jointly and severally firmly by these presents, Sealed with our Seals, and dated the second day of July in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and forty two and in the sixty seventh year of American Independence.
The conditions of the above obligations is such that if the above bound Thomas D. Philips, Administrator of the goods, Chattels and credits of John Philips, deceased, do make a true and perfect inventory of all and irregular the goods, chattels and credits of John Philips, dec’d, which have or shall come to the hands, possession or knowledge of the said Thomas D. Philips or into the hand or possession of any other person or persons for him and the same so made do Exhibit into this said Court of Ordinary when he shall be there unto required and such good chattels and credits do, will and truly administer according to law and do make a just and true account of his actings and doings therein when required by the said Court and all the rest of the said goods, chattels and credits which shall be found remaining upon the Account of the said administration shall deliver and pay unto such persons respectively as are intitled [Sic] to recur the same by law, and if it shall hereafter appear that any last will and testament was made by the deceased and the same be found in Court & the Executors obtain a certificate of the probate thereof & the said Thomas D. Philips do in such can if required render and deliver letters of administration then this obligation to be rec’d or else to remain in full force.
Signed sealed and delivered
Thos. D. Philips
(Seal)
In the presence of
Sam’l Patrick
(Seal)
I. D. Word
James Lochart
(Seal)
Sealed in my office
22 July 1842
I. I. Pratts
Ordinary
South Carolina Probate Records, Bound Volumes, 1671-1977, Union, Administration, Will annexed, Guardian bond book, 1833-1867, Image 52 of 416
familysearch.org/pal:/MM9...wc=9385576

In the court of Ordinary, Dec. 29, 1842
The petition of Thomas D. Philips for division or sale of the Real Estate of John Philips deceased.
Shown that John Philips departed this life intestate on or about the 6th day of June 1822 leaving a widow Rachel Philips him surviving and the following distributes heirs at law viz Mary married to James Roffield, Elizabeth married to Peter B. Mullinax, Daniel A. Philips, Silas H. Philips out of State, Thos. D. Philips your petitioner, Sarah T. married to A. S. Smith, Nancy E. married Anderson Moore, Isiah W. Philips all over the age of twenty one years. The land the Real Estate of said deceased is situated in Union District on the waters of Abbington Creek and bound by the lands of Wilkins Estate south and east, on the north and west side by Wilkins & Smith’s land and contains about one hundred acres, and is worth less than one thousand dollars and is clearly within the jurisdiction of court.
Your petitioner prays such proceedings as may be necessary and proper for the purpose of procuring an order for sale or division among the above named heirs according to their interest respectively.
Signed Thos. D. Phillips

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds