× Do you have a Military or Military Service record for a Phillips family or one where a Phillips is mentioned and want to share it? If you are a registered user of this website and forum, please feel free to share them here! Do you have another type of record and feel we need a new category? Just let the administrator know and we will create one.

Phoebe Phillips, heir of Col. David Rogers, VA.State Line

• Mamie
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Super Star
  • Forum Super Star
More
07 Mar 2013 12:59 - 07 Mar 2013 12:59 #1210 by Mamie
Colonel David Rogers.

Exec. Dept. Feb. 6, 1851. The heirs of David Rogers are allowed L. B. for his services as a Colonel in the State line from June 1st, 1778 until the close of the war. John B. Floyd, Gov.

Abstract of the will of David Rogers, of Hampshire Co., Va. "To my wife, Mary Rogers, all my stock of negroes, horses and cattle, sheep and household furniture, goods and chattels of all kinds; she paying all my just debts, if there be any; to Michael Cresap, son of my said wife, I give all my right in the tract of land in the province of Maryland, adjoining the lands of John Nicholas, called the "Dispute" and patented in the name of Mary Cresap, provided that his grandfather, Colonel Thomas Cresap does not leave him the plantation on which he now lives, or some other estate equal to it, and in that case, I give said plantation to James Cresap, son of my said wife.

To Phoebe Phillips, the plantation known as Hank's Improvement, and after her death, to the two sons she now has, Philip and William; I also bequeath to her sons and daughter, Sarah, one tract of land to each, being a part of my right in the thirty tracts of land bought in partnership with William Spangler; to Michael Cresap two tracts of land on the Ohio, one called Clark's Dispute, the other, joining it, called Wallan's Improvement, in both, 803 acres; to my wife Mary and any child she may have by me; if there be none then to my said wife, the residue of my estate."

He appointed his wife sole Extrx. of his estate. Signed, 24 July, 1778. Proven Sept. term of court, 1820. Teste, William Chaplin, clerk, Ohio Court. Copy teste, Alex. T. Lawley, clerk Ohio Circuit Court.

In the U. S. District Court, or the Western District of Va. 10 Apl., 1852. Present: Hon. John W. Brockenbrough, Judge thereof.

Source: Virginia Soldiers of 1776, Compiled from Documents on File in the Virginia Land Office, Together with Materials found in the Archives Department of the Virginia State Library, and other reliable sources, Volume I, compiled and edited by Louis A. Burgess, published by Richmond Press, Inc., Richmond, Va., 1927; Pg. 369

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds