× This is the forum where you may talk about anything. Need help with Genealogy Software? Ask here! Tell us all about your research trips, ask questions, tell everyone your exciting finds, complain about your brick walls or post tips for those new to DNA testing. Let others know about reunions and events. Whatever you want to talk about, this is the place to do it. Just use good judgment in your posts and treat others like you expect to be treated.

1871 - 1890; Marr/Bapt/Death re-John & Harriet PHILLIPS in Nfld & Lab,, CAN

• Nora276
  • Topic Author
More
01 Mar 2014 18:34 #1434 by Nora276
Hello to PHILIPS/PHILLIPS researchers, I have the below details that I found while I've been researching my own PHILLIPS' ancestors/genealogy. I'm from the eastern province, NEWFOUNDLAND & LABRADOR (NL), CANADA. I know very well about brick walls while searching for ancestors & I hope the following helps with another searcher's research.

The following are 2 links for the Marriage Record of John PHILLIPS & Harriet Ann (TRAPNELL) as found on the Newfoundland-Canada GenWeb site: nl.canadagenweb.org/as_vistat44.htm and the genealogy site: Newfoundland's Grand Banks - ngb.chebucto.org/Vstats/v...-sjc.shtml.

Date of Marriage: 24 Oct. 1871; Place: St. John's, Nfld (Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada); Groom: John PHILLIPS; Age: n/a; Marital Status/Occupation/& Place of Residence: bach., No Man's Land, OK* {*as recorded}; Bride: Harriet Ann TRAPENLL; Age: ??; Marital Status & Place of Residence: spin., Harbour Grace (Nfld); Witnesses: Mary Ann Whitten and Harriet Allen; Other info provided by Marriage Record: n/a; Research Notes: *may refer to an area known as the Panhandle in Oklahoma, bordered by other US states {*as recorded}.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next are Baptism Records as found on the Newfoundland-Canada GenWeb site.
1/
nl.canadagenweb.org/as_vistat11.htm

NAME OF CHILD: Mary Elizabeth PHILLIPS; PARENTS' NAMES: John & Harriet Anne; MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME: TRAPNELL; DATE OF BIRTH: b July 17 1872; PLACE OF BIRTH: St. John's; DATE OF BAPTISM: bap Aug 18 1872; FATHER'S OCCUPATION: cooper; OTHER INFO GIVEN IN CHURCH RECORD: n/a; RESEARCH NOTES: Married 1871, he of No Mans Land. (No Mans Land possibly the part of Oklahoma called the Panhandle).

2/
nl.canadagenweb.org/as_vistat12.htm

NAME OF CHILD: John Charles PHILLIPS; PARENTS' NAMES: John & Harriet Anne; MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME: TRAPNELL; DATE OF BIRTH: b May 11 1874; PLACE OF BIRTH: St. John's; DATE OF BAPTISM: bap June 7 1874; FATHER'S OCCUPATION: cooper; OTHER INFO GIVEN IN CHURCH RECORD: n/a; RESEARCH NOTES: Married 1871.

3/
nl.canadagenweb.org/as_vistat13.htm

NAME OF CHILD: William Henry PHILLIPS; PARENTS' NAMES: John & Harriet Anne; MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME: TRAPNELL; DATE OF BIRTH: b May 27 1876; PLACE OF BIRTH: St. John's; DATE OF BAPTISM: bap May 27 1876; FATHER'S OCCUPATION: cooper; OTHER INFO GIVEN IN CHURCH RECORD: n/a; RESEARCH NOTES: Married 1871.

NAME OF CHILD: Henrietta Gertrude PHILLIPS; PARENTS' NAMES: John & Harriet Anne; MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME: TRAPNELL; DATE OF BIRTH: b Apr 12 1878; PLACE OF BIRTH: St. John's; DATE OF BAPTISM: bap May 19 1878; FATHER'S OCCUPATION: cooper; OTHER INFO GIVEN IN CHURCH RECORD: n/a; RESEARCH NOTES: Married 1871.

4/
nl.canadagenweb.org/as_vistat14.htm

NAME OF CHILD: Jessie Jane PHILLIPS; PARENTS' NAMES: John & Harriet Anne; MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME: TRAPNELL; DATE OF BIRTH: not given; PLACE OF BIRTH: St. John's; DATE OF BAPTISM: bap Apr 13 1880; FATHER'S OCCUPATION: cooper; OTHER INFO GIVEN IN CHURCH RECORD: n/a; RESEARCH NOTES: Married 1871.

NAME OF CHILD: Susanna Maud PHILLIPS; PARENTS' NAMES: John & Harriet Anne; MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME: TRAPNELL; DATE OF BIRTH: b Feb 8 1882; PLACE OF BIRTH: St. John's; DATE OF BAPTISM: bap Mar 5 1882; FATHER'S OCCUPATION: cooper; OTHER INFO GIVEN IN CHURCH RECORD: n/a; RESEARCH NOTES: Married 1871.

5/
nl.canadagenweb.org/as_vistat15.htm

NAME OF CHILD: Frederick William PHILLIPS; PARENTS' NAMES: John & Harriet Anne; MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME: TRAPNELL; DATE OF BIRTH: b Mar 19 1884; PLACE OF BIRTH: St. John's; DATE OF BAPTISM: bap Apr 20 1884; FATHER'S OCCUPATION: cooper; OTHER INFO GIVEN IN CHURCH RECORD: n/a; RESEARCH NOTES: Married 1871.

6/
nl.canadagenweb.org/as_vistat16.htm

NAME OF CHILD: Isabella PHILLIPS; PARENTS' NAMES: John & Harriet Anne; MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME: TRAPNELL; DATE OF BIRTH: b Mar 11 1886; PLACE OF BIRTH: St. John's; DATE OF BAPTISM: bap Mar 14 1886; FATHER'S OCCUPATION: cooper; OTHER INFO GIVEN IN CHURCH RECORD: n/a; RESEARCH NOTES: Married 1871.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following are Death Records for the above family of John & Harriet (Trapnell) PHILLIPS as found on the site for Newfoundland Grand Banks - ngb.chebucto.org/Cemetery...-sje.shtml

SURNAME: Phillips GIVEN: Wm. Henry BORN: May 27th, 1876 DIED: June 15th, 1879 AGE: n/a SPOUSE: n/a OTHER: children of John & Harriet A.

SURNAME: Phillips GIVEN: Fredk. Wm. BORN: March 19th, 1884 DIED: March 29th, 1890 AGE: n/a SPOUSE: n/a OTHER: children of John & Harriet A.

**Also recorded in this Death Record list - NAME: Phillips, John; BORN: March 12th 1843; DEATH: March 10th 1896; OTHER: children of John & Harriet A. - **Nora's note: not sure if dates are accurate {although could be just a typo) for John Phillips - son, John Charles was b. & bapt. 1874 and the parents, John & Harriet were married in 1871, see info noted in previous details I recorded.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is my hope this list of Marriage, Births/Baptisms and, Deaths for John PHILLIPS & Harriet Ann (Trapnell) as found in Newfoundland (Nfld), Canada {Newfoundland & Labrador} will break through another PHILLIPS family "brick wall". I would welcome contact &/or confirmation!

Best regards, Nora Phillips :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds