× This is the forum where you may talk about anything. Need help with Genealogy Software? Ask here! Tell us all about your research trips, ask questions, tell everyone your exciting finds, complain about your brick walls or post tips for those new to DNA testing. Let others know about reunions and events. Whatever you want to talk about, this is the place to do it. Just use good judgment in your posts and treat others like you expect to be treated.

Parents of Charles Phillips born in Rhode Island about 1799

• Mark S Phillips
  • Topic Author
More
26 Dec 2015 12:04 #1647 by Mark S Phillips
Charles Phillips born 1799 died July 17 1867. He had a possible sister Mercy Phillips Card(1806-1865) buried next to him in Oakland Cemetery Sag Harbor NY. Wife Mary Reeve(s). Children Lydia, William Hull(married Elizabeth G Payne), Charles L(married Nancy M Filer), Richard J(married Lucretia H Booth) Mary, Maria Elizabeth(married John M Andrews),Frances L and Franklin. The married children I have traced but have only census info on unmarried children. Charles L, Richard J and Maria Elizabeth all buried Oakland Cemetery William Hull buried Shelter Island NY. There is more info on Ancestry.com and Find A GraveThank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2015 12:49 #1648 by NancyKiser
Hi, Mark,

We have a Mark S. Phillips in the DNA project but I don't think you are him. Have you gotten your Y-DNA tested? If not, I hope you will consider ordering the 37 marker Y-DNA test that is currently on sale for $139 so that we can see if you match the Y-DNA of any of our Phillips family groups. Here is a link to a page where you can order the test through our project:

www.familytreedna.com/gro...p=Phillips

Sincerely,
Nancy Kiser
Volunteer administrator
Phillips DNA Project

• Mark S Phillips
  • Topic Author
More
31 Mar 2016 18:07 #1650 by Mark S Phillips
I just got my results for kit 477610 and it has me as a R-M269 group hopefully this means something thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: whatever

More
31 Mar 2016 20:24 #1651 by NancyKiser
Looks like you match the Y-DNA of our Phillips Family DNA Group 11, Mark. Congratulations! You can look at the pedigrees of the men in Group 11 by clicking on yLineages in the blue bar at the top of the page. I will send an email to everyone in Group 11 tomorrow to notify them of your match. Many of the men in Group 11 descend from Michael Phillips of Rhode Island.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark S Phillips, bluespringsmom

• whatever
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Feb 2017 08:46 #1771 by whatever
( a cousin)

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds