× This is the forum where you may talk about anything. Need help with Genealogy Software? Ask here! Tell us all about your research trips, ask questions, tell everyone your exciting finds, complain about your brick walls or post tips for those new to DNA testing. Let others know about reunions and events. Whatever you want to talk about, this is the place to do it. Just use good judgment in your posts and treat others like you expect to be treated.

Britons in Tribal Kingdoms

• rxp6810
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jun 2016 18:00 #1654 by rxp6810
Britons in Tribal Kingdoms was created by rxp6810
I thought this might be an interesting discussion though not specifically Phillips

www.telegraph.co.uk/scien...d-univers/

After reading this article it occurs to me that this article says very much about the U106...U198's of the world. In my case I am U198 which is a haplotype not typically in the more native Celtic population. This article seems to describe almost perfectly what happened. In the Phillips DNA project I am most closely related to another Phillips man from Scotland. Downstream from U198 is an SNP (JFS0005). My hope is that I can answer a question about the time my Phillips chose the name and the mutation that brought JFS0005. Wouldn't it be interesting to know. I am almost certain that the mutation would have occurred before the Phillips name was chosen, based on the fact that 2 other men with the same SNP have different last names. My curiosity however is piqued.

Regards,
Rob Phillips

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds