× If you would like to expand on your yLineage, this is the place to do it. Let others know if your GGG Grandfather had brothers and sisters, but don't forget to post that on the DNA Test Participants Needed forum. The more places you let everyone know your lineage, the better chances someone will find it in an internet search.

1858: J.R. Phillips Sells his WAVERLY PLACE, Brazoria Co. TX

• Mamie
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Super Star
  • Forum Super Star
More
19 Sep 2012 17:21 #1097 by Mamie
Desirable Residence, Land and Negroes For Sale.
WAVERLY PLACE containing 614 acres of land, is beautifully situated on the San Bernard River 6 miles west of Columbia in Brazoria county, and directly on the Houston, Columbia and Wharton Railroad Route. This place is well adapted both for agricultural purposes and for stock raising. The improvements consist of a good dwelling house, large brick cistern, all the necessary buildings-large garden, orchard, shrubbery and about thirty-five acres of land in a good state of cultivation, now prepared and ready for planting. I will sell with the place several valuable negroes, horses, mules, oxen, stock of hogs, corn and farming implements. I will also sell on the west side of the Bernard, out of the Phillips league, the following tracts of land, viz: 938 acres opposite my residence, over 100 acres of which is improved land, the balance all timber - 438 ½ acres off the lower part of said league adjoining Mr. Corker and directly opposite Capt. Spencer’s place. 890 acres adjoining a tract of land belonging to Mr. Williams, about 40 acres of which is improved, the balance all timbered land. This land will be sold in different tracts, or altogether, as the purchaser may desire, and on very reasonable terms.
Apply on the premises to
J.R. PHILLIPS,
Columbia, Feb. 16th, 1858.

Source: The Democrat and Planter, Columbia, Texas, Tuesday, December 21, 1858; Pg. 4

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds