× If you would like to expand on your yLineage, this is the place to do it. Let others know if your GGG Grandfather had brothers and sisters, but don't forget to post that on the DNA Test Participants Needed forum. The more places you let everyone know your lineage, the better chances someone will find it in an internet search.

1855: Jas. Phillips, Russell Co. AL, endorses Mustang Lin...

• Mamie
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Super Star
  • Forum Super Star
More
03 Oct 2012 12:57 #1114 by Mamie
RUSSELL COUNTY, ALA., FEB. 1st, 1855.
In justice to the proprietors, and for the benefit of the afflicted, I feel it is my duty to state publicly the remarkable cures that have been effected in my family by the use of Mustang Liniment. A negro of mine had what was called a Bone Felon or Whitlow, on her middle finger; the pain was most intense and excruciating. The inflamation has been so extensive that the whole finger had become a mass of corruption, and the only hope of saving her hand, and perhaps her life, appeared to be to have it cut off. As her general health was very delicate, the physician advised us to try the Mustang Liniment for a few days, until she could be sent to a surgeon in Columbus, as it could do no harm, and might prevent mortification. To the astonishment of the physician and myself, the pain soon ceased; the inflamation subsided, and the wound rapidly healed. The finger now is perfectly well and sound. One of my boys was severely burned. The skin was entirely taken off from the knee to the ancle. The Mustang Liniment was freely applied, and nothing else was used. The relief and cure was almost beyond belief-but a short time elapsed before the wounds were perfectly healed. I consider it a invaluable remedy, and it should be in every family and on every plantation.
JAMES PHILLIPS.

Source: The Indianola Bulletin, Indianola, Texas, Thursday, May 10, 1855; Pg. 4

NOTE: (Advertisement). Mexican Mustang Liniment, the Volcanic Oil from Mexico, has long been known to possess within itself wonderfully soothing, healing and curative properties, and has been extensively used by the Aztecs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds