× If you would like to expand on your yLineage, this is the place to do it. Let others know if your GGG Grandfather had brothers and sisters, but don't forget to post that on the DNA Test Participants Needed forum. The more places you let everyone know your lineage, the better chances someone will find it in an internet search.

can anyone help

• billrayp
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Feb 2013 22:53 #1193 by billrayp
can anyone help was created by billrayp
can anyone help me??? I`m new at this I think I have found some of my g grandfather ppl. his name was Adam Luther Phillips b.abt 1888 and d. 1955 in Salisbury NC. My grandfather was William Austin Phillips was b.1914 in Green County Tenn d.1979 in Lexington NC my father was R.B Phillips b. 1934 d.1979 Salisbury N.C. Here is the list I found

Children of LEWIS PHILLIPS and MARY DAVIS are:
i. THOMAS WALTER PHILLIPS, b. aft. 1870; d. bef. 1985.
ii. JAMES ABRAHAM PHILLIPS, b. aft. 1870; d. bef. 1985.
iii. SAMUEL ARTHUR PHILLIPS, b. aft. 1870; d. bef. 1975.
iv. GEORGE FRANKLIN PHILLIPS, b. aft. 1870; d. bef. 1985.
v. WILLIAM AUSTIN PHILLIPS, b. aft. 1870; d. bef. 1985.
vi. GORDON LEE PHILLIPS, b. aft. 1870; d. bef. 1990. Gordon died of measles as a small child.
vii. IDA PHILLIPS, b. aft. 1870; d. bef. 1990.
viii. OLLIE PHILLIPS, b. aft. 1870; d. bef. 1990.
ix. VERTIE PHILLIPS, b. aft. 1870; d. bef. 1990.
x. GERTRUDE PHILLIPS, b. aft. 1870; d. bef. 1990.
Was told my grandfather had a gg grandfather who was a DR. I have had a stroke and when I get my disability will be doing a DNA test. thanks for any help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2013 10:11 #1194 by NancyKiser
Replied by NancyKiser on topic can anyone help
Several files on Ancestry.com indicate Adam's parents were Samuel A Phillips and Adeline Martha Poston. One file says the parents of Samuel were Martin Phillips and Barbary Andes. This file contains pictures of Samuel and his family. This file goes on to trace the lineage of Samuel and Martin back to Reuben Phillips of Cecil Co MD. If this is correct, you belong to our Phillips Family DNA Group 2. If you are a male Phillips, you can prove whether or not this is correct by joining our Phillips DNA Project and getting your Y-DNA tested.

• billrayp
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Mar 2013 10:27 #1195 by billrayp
Replied by billrayp on topic can anyone help
Thank you Nancy , that is a big help , just got a call this am from S.S. and my disability has came though when I get my money will order the dna kit.

More
01 Mar 2013 10:41 #1196 by NancyKiser
Replied by NancyKiser on topic can anyone help
Great, let me know if you need any help ordering your test kit. Since Group 2 has very common Y-DNA, it would be best to order the 37 marker test kit.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds