× If you would like to expand on your yLineage, this is the place to do it. Let others know if your GGG Grandfather had brothers and sisters, but don't forget to post that on the DNA Test Participants Needed forum. The more places you let everyone know your lineage, the better chances someone will find it in an internet search.

1844: John Phillips, of Montgomery Co. GA.-Notice, Lost Pocket Book

• Mamie
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Super Star
  • Forum Super Star
More
06 Jul 2013 12:49 #1257 by Mamie
NOTICE - Pocket Book Lost.
ON the road leading from Martin’s ferry across the Chattahoochee river to Lawrenceville, Gwinnett county; I think the last I recollect having it, was at the ferry, before which, it had Seven Hundred and Eighty Dollars in it, the numbers of the bills not recollected; but the principal part of them were on the State Bank of Georgia, payable in Savannah, and South Carolina Bank, (with the exception of eight Five Dollar Gold pieces,) it had no other papers of importance in it. The description of it, is dark colored and very large, with my name written in it, with a dressed Deer skin string tied around it. For which I will pay Fifty Dollars to the honor of any gentleman that finds it, if he will advertise it so that I can get it, or write to me to inform me of it. I live in Montgomery county, Georgia.
JOHN PHILLIPS.
June 14, 1844.

Source: Federal Union, Milledgeville, Georgia, August 20, 1844; Pg. 4, Column 4

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds