× If you would like to expand on your yLineage, this is the place to do it. Let others know if your GGG Grandfather had brothers and sisters, but don't forget to post that on the DNA Test Participants Needed forum. The more places you let everyone know your lineage, the better chances someone will find it in an internet search.

Phillips in Butts County Georgia

• Justin
  • Topic Author
More
23 Oct 2013 13:42 - 24 Oct 2013 08:10 #1387 by Justin
Phillips in Butts County Georgia was created by Justin
I have been researching my Phillips ancestry. I have run into a dead end with Lewis, Lewis W. or L W Phillips in Butts County Georgia. I discovered a Phillips DNA project newsletter that read how innacurrate information is posted on the internet. I have found this to be very true through countless hours of searching. Also, the areas south of Atlanta were hit hard in the War b/w the states, making it harder to gather accurate data. I am posting my lineage in hope that I can make a connection. My source of information is Butts County Georgia census records, 1840-1870, family records, and Georgia Archives.

-Lewis, Lewis W. or L. W. Phillips born ~ 1812 - 1814?? married ???
-John N Phillips born Butts GA 1840-1913 married Emily T. Johns Oct 12 1865 Butts County GA
-William A. Phillips born Whitfield GA 1884-1948 married Nellie Effie Childers Feb 9, 1905 Polk County GA
Marvin J. Phillips born GA 1920-1994 married Laura Ann Deuschle
Marvin is my grand father
My mother's maiden name is Phillips, so unfortunately my Y DNA will not work.

I noticed a woman by the name of Mary Ann or Mary C?? listed on the 1850 & 1860 census under Lewis. I do not know if this was his wife, daughter, or relative.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Justin
  • Topic Author
More
23 Oct 2013 20:18 #1397 by Justin
Replied by Justin on topic Phillips in Butts County Georgia
After looking at another family document in relation to Lewis W. Phillips, the Mary C in the census must have been his daughter.

Lewis W Phillips:

Mary Caroline/carrie-- 1835/6-1914 married Elias Grant [C= Caroline or Carrie]
George W. 1837-1915 -- married Sidney Elizabeth Tingle Dec 13, 1859
Charles J. - -
John N. -- 1840-1913 married Emily Johns Oct 12, 1865
Trustin Augustin? -- 1842-1862 died in Civil War Chimborazo Hospital #4

More
24 Oct 2013 13:20 #1400 by NancyKiser
Replied by NancyKiser on topic Phillips in Butts County Georgia
Hi, Justin,

Is your last name Phillips? If so, you should join the project and get your Y-DNA tested to find out which is your Phillips family. If your surname is not Phillips, do you have a male relative named Phillips who would agree to get his Y-DNA tested?

Sincerely,
Nancy Kiser
Volunteer administrator
Phillips DNA Project

• Justin
  • Topic Author
More
24 Oct 2013 13:31 #1401 by Justin
Replied by Justin on topic Phillips in Butts County Georgia
Nancy,

No, my surname is not Phillips, but I may be able to talk with some males on the Phillips side to contribute. I'm about to study the ins and outs of the DNA testing. Seems like a shortcut to an accurate answer, that would have taken years of searching to only a possibility of ever finding an answer. Thanks

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds