× If you would like to expand on your yLineage, this is the place to do it. Let others know if your GGG Grandfather had brothers and sisters, but don't forget to post that on the DNA Test Participants Needed forum. The more places you let everyone know your lineage, the better chances someone will find it in an internet search.

Phillips Family in Alabama

• jgtucker100
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jan 2015 15:31 #1598 by jgtucker100
Phillips Family in Alabama was created by jgtucker100
I have been working on the tree of Samuel Emanuel Phillips. He died in 1952 in Mobile, Alabama. He was the father of 11 children, one of which was my mother, Ruby Lee Phillips Gerald.born in Baldwin county in 1909. If you have any information on either of these, I would appreciate you sharing.
Joyce Gerald Tucker

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2015 10:36 #1599 by NancyKiser
Replied by NancyKiser on topic Phillips Family in Alabama
Hi, Joyce,

Do you know the name of Samuel's father?

Nancy Kiser

More
30 Jan 2015 08:36 #1600 by phill017
Replied by phill017 on topic Phillips Family in Alabama
I'm from the Mobile/Baldwin area Phillips group, specifically the Phillips family in the Dawes, AL area Leonard Phillips (1858-1930), Burns Phillips (1908-1985), do you know anymore specifically about this family group?

More
30 Jan 2015 11:06 #1601 by NancyKiser
We have a descendant of Burns Phillips in the project and he belongs to our Phillips Family DNA Group 68. Here is a link to their lineage page:

www.phillipsdnaproject.co...y-group-68

The Y-DNA of this group appears to be Irish or Scottish.

More
30 Jan 2015 11:33 #1602 by phill017
Replied by phill017 on topic Phillips Family in Alabama
Yeah, that's me in group 68, however we've since somewhat de-bunked the William Phillips (1760) being the William Linton Phillips that is listed, never have been able to track down the other person listed, I believe I got their email at one point but they never responded

More
30 Jan 2015 11:59 #1603 by NancyKiser
I agree with you, Joshua. I doubt that William Linton Phillips was your ancestor because his father John "Jockey" Phillips appears to belong to Group 8. Do you want me to remove the first three generations from your pedigree so it won't confuse researchers who find your Group 68's lineage page?

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds