× If you would like to expand on your yLineage, this is the place to do it. Let others know if your GGG Grandfather had brothers and sisters, but don't forget to post that on the DNA Test Participants Needed forum. The more places you let everyone know your lineage, the better chances someone will find it in an internet search.

William & Susanna Phillips, of Suffolk Co. MA.

• Mamie
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Super Star
  • Forum Super Star
More
19 Jan 2011 11:21 #219 by Mamie
Abstracts Of The Earliest Wills On Record In The County Of Suffolk, MS.

Susanna Phillips.
Whereas my beloved husband William Phillips hath by his Last will bearing date with these p'sents confirmed vnto me ye house wch was my husband Stanleyes, together with the great pasture close & y' wch was bought of Christo: Lawson, together with plate & household goods, & further hath giuen me power to dispose of all or any part yr of whilst yet he is liuing, This writing doth declare that I Susanna Phillips doe dispose on followeth To dau-in Law, Mary field fiue pounds; dau. Martha Thurston fine pounds; dau. Rebecca Lord, fiue pounds; Sonne Wm Phillips twenty pounds; Sonne Nathl Phillips twenty pounds; Elizabeth Phillips my dau. fiue pounds; dau. Phebe Phillips twenty pounds; dau. Sarah twenty pounds; to Elizabeth Aspinwall fiue pounds; vpon Wm Aspinwell, if any of my brother or sisters children come over to Hue within two yeares after my decease, sixe pounds a piece, to the value of Eighteene pounds, the first three that come to demand it; to Richard Bennitt & George Bennitt, wch were my Servants, fiue shillings a piece ; all the residue both ye house wch was my husband Stanleyes, & ye great close in the mill field, & the field wch was Christo: Lawsons, withe plate & househould goods vnto my husband, Wm Phillips, as his own proper inheritance, & doe make him sole executor. 10 (7) 1650.
Susanna Phillips.
& two seales
my true meaning is not necessarily to reserue any title to his heire (further then he shall see cause) I freely giue him whatsouer right my husband Stanley or I had vnto any other house or Land not here mentioned. 10 :7: 1650.
Susanna Phillips.
with this addition in prsence of Wm Aspinwall Notarius publ.
psent ye Governer
dept Gov Mr Nowell
major Atherton
Approued Aug. 2. 1655.

Source: The New England Historical & Genealogical Register, published quarterly, under the patronage of the New England Historical, Genealogical Society, For The Year 1851, Volume V., Boston: Samuel G. Drake, publisher, 1851; Pgs. 447-448

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds