× If you would like to expand on your yLineage, this is the place to do it. Let others know if your GGG Grandfather had brothers and sisters, but don't forget to post that on the DNA Test Participants Needed forum. The more places you let everyone know your lineage, the better chances someone will find it in an internet search.

William Phillips born 1848 around Toronto Canada

• rxp6810
  • Topic Author
More
10 May 2011 02:33 #539 by rxp6810
My Great Great Grandfather William was supposedly born in Toronto Canada in August 1848. He married an English woman by the name of Elizabeth Warburton.

My Great Grandfather John Gilbert Phillips was born in April 1882...he maintained that he was born in England. His marriage license and his WW 1 draft card suggest that he was born in England, but the census records I have suggest that he was born in Erie PA. John and his father William worked in a huge Indianapolis bakery called Taggert Baking Company in the early 1900's. In 1920 supposedly on his way to a baking conference he disappeared and no one knows anything more, but we do have some indication that he ended up in California after working in the 1920's Texas oil fields.

My Grandfather also John Gilbert was born in 1915, but we never knew much about his father or much of the Phillips family not directly descended from my grandfather.

I was born in 1964 in Ft.Wayne Indiana.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds