× This is where you can share your Family Group discoveries. Post questions for your fellow Group participants or share brand new information. <strong>Start a new thread for each Family Group.</strong> If it becomes too long, start a new one.

Family Group 32, need help with documentation

• velamwhite
  • velamwhite's Avatar Topic Author
  • Phillips Family Group 32; 40+ yrs. researching
More
06 Jul 2013 13:20 #1258 by velamwhite
As a descendant of George Phillips and Susanna Dyer, I am excited about the new discoveries of our FitzHugh ancestry. I am in the process of verifying the data published in the Nov. 2010 Phillips DNA Newsletter about this new discovery, but I've hit a snag. Can any of the administrators or members help me?

Specifically, on pg. 6 it says "George Phillips, Sea Captain, married (presumably)andand had sons George, John, Richard, and James between about 1690 and 1710. [13]" Footnote 13 indicates the source for this was "Chamberlayne, Saint Paul's, pages 101, 258, and 273." It appears that this source is the same as used in Footnote 10 - C. G. Chamberlayne, The Vestry Book of Saint Paul's Parish, Hanover County, Virginia, 1706-1786, Richmond: The Library Board, 1940.

I find this rather odd, since from what I have seen of this vestry book, it didn't include a parish register or vital records. However, I wasn't looking at the 1940 edition. Do any of you have access to this book? Could you check these pages for me? I would really like to know how the author determined that George Phillips had sons George, John, Richard, and James and their ages.

I appreciate any help.

Vickie Elam White
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds