This is where you can share your Family Group discoveries. Post questions for your fellow Group participants or share brand new information. <strong>Start a new thread for each Family Group.</strong> If it becomes too long, start a new one.
I am still searching records to see if I can find parents for Edmund Phillips (who married Katy Farley). It is difficult as many early New Jersey records were destroyed during the Revolution. At first I thought Simeon and Rebekah Phillips may have been his parents since both of those names show up later in the family. However, I have found Simeon's will and it does not list Edmund as one of the children. Also, Edmund has some type of connection to Cryance [whom I suspicion came into the family through the VanMater/Van Cleve connections of the first Kryn Jans) and Titus Phillips as I have found them all buying and selling land together in PA, as well as a reference by Titus' son Abner to his favorite uncle Ebenezer. None of these men seem to show up on family lists in any genealogies I have seen.
It looks like one member of Group 20 (227716) believes the parents of Edmund were John Phillips and Abigail Tindall and the parents of John were Theophilus Phillips and Frances or Elizabeth Betts. Here is his entire pedigree:
Kit number 227716
1. Possibly Theophilus Phillips b 1673 Newtown, NY, m Frances (Elizabeth Betts?)
2. Possibly John Phillips b 18 Nov 1708 Maidenhead, Hunterdon Co, NJ, m Abigail Tindall
3. Probably Edmund Phillips b 1760 Hunterdon Co, NJ, m Catherine Farley
4. Francis Bice Phillips b 1801 Greene Co, PA, m Jane Starkey
5. David Phillips bc 1834 Greene Co, PA, fathered child with Elizabeth Whitehill
6. John Wesley Whitehill b 17 Jan 1861 (out-of-wedlock) Wayne Co, PA, m Martha Freeland
7. David Cyrus Whitehill b 5 Aug 1890 WV, m 1) Hazel Dunn, m 2) Elizabeth Shane
As you can see, there has been a non-paternal event in this line so the man who got tested has the last name Whitehill, not Phillips.