Use of This Website
You understand and acknowledge that the administrator(s) and webmaster(s) of this web site and of the Phillips DNA Project (is a/are) volunteer(s) and do not profit in any way from the administration of this web site and/or the Phillips DNA Project. The sole purpose is to promote Genetic Genealogy and its uses and to help genealogists advance their family research.
If you are a resident (and/or) citizen of the EU, you are using a GDPR non-compliant website. You acknowledge this and by your continued use will not hold any person or entity liable of non-persistent anonymous tracking (Google Analytics) (and/or) logging (error and access) of your IP address.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE - DO NOT REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT ON THIS WEBSITE.
(1) YOU AFFIRM and ATTEST YOU ARE NOT A CITIZEN OF THE EU or (are not/will not be) under the umbrella of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
(2) If you register for an account on this website, you are giving your CONSENT to store minimal personal data on our web server. This personal data consists of 1) a name 2) a username 3) an email address 4) password.
- Name - this is required but does not have to be your full name. This personal data item is not processed by this website and only held as an extra identifier in locating your account for assistance.
- Username - this is required to log in and not processed for any reason other than to allow you to log in. If you post in the website forum, your username will become public on your forum post. This is required to attribute the post to you.
- Email address - this is required and only used to process requests for password resets and initially to verify you are a real person. You must click a link to complete registration by verifying you have access and control of the email used for registration.
- Password - your password is stored encrypted and only known to you (the user).
(3) To follow the Rules set forth in the Forum as registration is required to post messages to the Forum. Violation of the Forum Rules will result in your user account being canceled.
(4) Posts made in the forum are free of copyright, in the public domain or are licensed under a similar license releasing copyright and allowing for fair use. Additionally, you release your ownership of the posts to the Phillips DNA Project which displays the content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
(5) You also agree that this website is for informational purposes and will not hold this DNA Project or its administrator(s) liable for any incorrect information listed on this website. You can at any time contact the Project's Administrator(s) and point out incorrect information and request changes to that information.
(6) You also agree that the information contributed (newletters and articles not in the forum) by the members of this website and/or members of this DNA Project is the property of the original author, copyrighted and may not be reproduced or used without the written approval of the original author.
(7) You understand that your email address is protected at all times as well as your identity. It will not be sold nor transferred to any other entity or person. Also, you agree that on occasions this website may send out emails to notify you of important news pertaining to the website. You may opt out of receiving future emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in these emails at any time. You also understand that this website takes all necessary security precautions to protect your email address at all times; however, you acknowledge that nothing is fool proof in regards to Internet security.
(8) You also understand that you have the right to request this website to cancel your registration and may do so at anytime. Upon doing so, your name, user ID, and email address will be purged from the system. At that point, you will no longer be able to post on the forum; however, posts that were made prior to your request will continue to be shown.