× This is where you can share your Family Group discoveries. Post questions for your fellow Group participants or share brand new information. <strong>Start a new thread for each Family Group.</strong> If it becomes too long, start a new one.

Family Group 25 Abraham Phillips & David Phillips

More
12 Jul 2022 16:08 #1840 by gpuser1DNA
Replied by gpuser1DNA on topic Family Group 25 Abraham Phillips & David Phillips
I show thru Ancestry DNA thrulines that my ancestry may have come from an Isaac Cantrell who was married to a woman named Elizabeth Norman Brewer born 1731 Caswell, Lenoir, North Carolina. Is it possible that this is the same woman known as Elizabeth Tomlin? Born 1731, Caswell, Lenoir, North Carolina. She is married to William Phillips born 1728 married 1746. Married to Isaac Cantrell born 1729 married approximately 20 years later 1769. This would make sense with David Phillips having been born Phillips not having the name Cantrell. I believe she was also married to a man named Tomlin. Again, my thrulines show David Phillips had a son named Thomas Phillips b 1788 who had a son Abraham Phillips born 1811. Not saying this is right but just trying to chase this rabbit down a rabbit hole. Maybe you might have something better?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2022 11:23 #1841 by NancyKiser
Replied by NancyKiser on topic Family Group 25 Abraham Phillips & David Phillips
If Elizabeth was married to Isaac Cantrell and had a son named David, I believe she would have called him David Cantrell in her will, not David Phillips. Also David referred to Abraham Phillips as his uncle. Abraham would not have been his uncle if David's father was Isaac Cantrell.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: vapsmithNancyKiserMamie
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds